
So being a fan of the "Twilight" series by Stephenie Meyer - but not a rabid fan like some people, I figured I could handle reading "Nightlight: a Parody" by The National Lampoon. I knew that the book would be making fun of Twilight, and I was hoping for a laugh.
**Warning - Spoilers ahead...**
The book started out okay. I laughed a few times. The book takes place in Switchblade, Oregon (not Forks, Washington). Bella Swan is now Belle Goose. Her father is a Window-Wiper, not Sheriff. Her step-father plays street-hockey, not baseball. Belle drives a U-Haul (yes...) and falls for Edwart Mullen (yes...Edwart with a "t"). But after the first few chapters I kinda lost interest. The book was not funny to me anymore and while I've always thought the original Bella was annoying at times, nothing compared to the new "Belle".
I would only recommend this book to people who really hated "Twilight". If you are any sort of fan, don't bother reading it. Rating 2(maybe)/5.

I love that you rate the books, nice touch.
ReplyDelete